Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Revenge of the Zit

This morning I woke up, exited the shower and looked in the mirror only to discover an enormous zit on my chin. It's so large it began to develop it's own personality. This wouldn't be so bad, except now it's hogging the remote.

Soon my zit will grow larger and discover self-awareness. Trapped on my face, the zit may question my authority and rebel or even declare sovereignty from my face. Battles will erupt and blood will be shed. Ultimately, the zit will lose, because I am larger and better equipped. Also, as a student of history, I will take the zit's threats seriously and use my full force to quell the rebellion.

In the end I will be victorious.

In addition to zit battles, today is my 9th wedding anniversary. Playing the part of stupid male, I forgot, but so did my wife so all's good. For our gala celebration, we ate fried flounder with brocolli and carrots and watched back-to-back episodes of "Grey's Anatomy" on DVD. The fun never stops in this house.

I apologize for the hiatus. The holidays demanded mush of my spare time, so the blog suffered. I am pleased to inform that the training did not suffer. I ran while on vacation in New Jersey and had an excellent run tonight back home. 3.4 miles to be exact, although I walked some of that distance. Still, that's a milestone for me.

With the beginning of the year begins my earnest training towards running the mini-marathon on April 28th. I'm looking forward to the race as a chance to prove to myself that this is possible. So far, I've remained disciplined through the gorging and laziness of Christmas.

The rest of the year should be much easier.

No comments: