Friday, January 12, 2007

5K Personal Best

One of the truly great feelings during the training process is achieving and superseding milestones. As a goal-oriented person, successfully lapping a previous achievement brings a strong sense of accomplishment and pride. It also serves to further fuel your training fire.

Wednesday, I ran a 5K with a new running partner. His presence gave me encouragement to run faster and harder. As a seasoned marathoner, he kept me going even when I struggled at certain times. Here are the statistics from my run:

Distance - 3.13 miles
Time - 33'52
Pace - 10'48"/mile

I set a personal bests for 5K (33'31"), best mile (10'21") and best kilometer (6'18"). I also lowered my average pace to 11'17".

I don't expect to make such dramatic progress every day, but a good day really lifts the spirits and keeps me going.

No comments: