Monday, December 18, 2006

Flush the Negative

So begins the onslaught of therapeutic wraps, pain pills, and space-age contraptions that will keep me running and training towards my ultimate goal.

"He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil".

Before my long run on Saturday, I made a trip to Walgreens to purchase some support for my ailing knee. I have patellar tendinitis and incredibly flat feet. They're so flat they almost resemble flippers. These combinations make running somewhat uncomfortable after a while.

So I bought a strap that fits under your kneecap to support the patellar tendon, and some new gel inserts for my shoes. They must have worked, because I ran/walked 2.2 miles on Saturday with no after affects.

During my run I passed the antique shop in Finchville, noticing 13 duck decoys on sale for $32.

"That's a good deal", I thought to myself.

That's me. Always looking for new and exciting ways to slaughter innocent animals for pleasure. And food.

I missed my first day working out on Sunday. I knew it would happen sooner or later. The important thing for me is to remain focused and not allow this lapse to affect my mindset at all. So I missed a day. That's okay. I also ran my longest distance on Saturday and completed that run in very good time.

Focus on the positive. Flush the negative. That's all I can do.

2 comments:

jmwilder said...

Your blog is now on my Google home page. Keep at it.

Jeremy

Unknown said...

I was driving through the heart of Finchville on Saturday and saw you running. Was going to honk but didn't want to scare you. You looked like a pro, keep up the good work!

Maria